As a people-oriented humane expert, I am strongly committed to promoting the quality of life for people living in Espoo. As a deputy council, I have familiarised myself with the Espoo affairs. With a university degree in economics and a career in business education, I have a strong economic and educational mindset. With roots in a beautiful Finnish lake scenery and an internationally versatile life experience, I have traditionally Christian values.
I have been working with Espoo municipality for over 12 years as vice candidate for the municipality. Many different views have become familiar to me. My most influencial works have been with the town planning, Head of Espoo multicultural Negotiation board, environment board, wellbeing board, Laurea regional board.
It is important to concentrate on following things in Espoo (are my competence areas, where I can add-value):
- Education as a path to have a good life for young people
- Entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial mindset to boost the Espoo business life, especially the export businesses and start-ups
- Flexible solutions for worklife to support families
- To take care of our older people, seniors to have both public and private services for them
- Not to raise the Espoo municipality tax, but try to look places to save. There are big investments to schools due to the mold problems. Schools should be repaired.
- Multicultural people should have support either they are wealthy and need help with the Finnish language, or they are not so wealthy and need help with their lives. Especially immigrant mothers. . Research shows that once mothers do fine, the whole family and children do better.
- Since 2015 we have a had a new situation with so many refugees coming to Espoo. By law we have to take care of them. My idea is that families should be supported. Families should be united and kept together. That is best way to settle and intergrate to the Espoo way of life.
In general, I want to work for Espoo people for better life conditions. Safe environment is very important and we should all help protect each other. One way is to communicate with people and have dialogue and take care that no-one gets to be left alone.